Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday ka Anda


I remembered the jingle growing up 'Sunday ho ya Monday - roj khaye Ande'... Ha-ha! No we don't eat eggs everyday - but this is a quick and easy protein food. Its very difficult to get my daughter to eat even 1 egg a week, so this tasty recipe helps her to gobble down 1 or 2. Its a different story with my son. He likes his eggs as omelet or scrambled!
This goes to Event for Eggs hosted by Sudeshna

Ingredients

6 Boiled eggs
6-8 Boiled potatoes skinned and cut in 1/4
3-4 Table spoon of Oil
1/2 table spoon of ginger garlic paste
1 large onion sliced thinly
1/2 tea spoon of garam masala
1 large onion cut into small pieces
Salt to taste
Turmeric to taste
Chili powder to taste

How to

Take a little bit of oil in a pan and fry the boiled and peeled eggs in it for a few minutes until they turn nicely golden. Keep the eggs aside in a plate.
Pour the rest of oil and fry the onions. Once it starts changing color, add the turmeric and chili powder and the ginger garlic paste.
Keep stirring frequently until the oil starts leaving the mixture.
Add the cut tomatoes and salt and boiled potatoes and let it cook for a few minutes.
Add the garam masala and little bit of water.
Cook for a few additional minutes and add the eggs (either whole or slit in 1/2).

5 comments:

  1. I like that song... :D
    Anyway, looks simple and great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea we all love eggs too.... but can't eat regularly :). Loved your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gr8! Nice click! Thanks for visiting my blog.. have added u to my list! BTW, if u r from orissa, do u know how to make the rice we get as prasad at puri jagannath temple? Thats my fav. That was heavenly! Can u get me the recipe? Pls! Hope to c u at my blog frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Priya, Sangeetha and Anu!
    Anu - I need to chekc with my Mom or MIL . If I find out will post and let you know...

    ReplyDelete